Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards

I really liked this book! I think that it would be a good one for a book club because of it's controversial subject. There is so much to discuss.

Synopsis and review:
The Memory Keeper's Daughter starts on a snowy night in 1964 when a doctor delivers his own twins and discovers that one of them, the daughter, has been born with Downs Syndrome. In a hasty decision, he gives the daughter to a nurse to take to an institution and tells his wife the baby died. The nurse raises the daughter as her own. The Memory Keeper's Daughter moves through the years, showing how one decision affected every part of two families' lives. This is a powerful novel.

2 comments:

{B}dreamy said...

Hey, we did this in our book club! I never read it because it was my first meeting, but it did sound interesting and there sure was lots to talk about...

Jenna said...

I love this book too. Although I literally got sick to my stomach when I figured out what the doctor was going to do with the baby.