Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

Alright guys - what did you think?? I absolutely ADORED it!! I loved that it was intense and full of action almost from the first chapter! There were so many great twists and surprises and I loved the way she wrapped things up and answered all of those questions we've all been asking, such as - Is Dumbledore REALLY dead? Is Snape REALLY bad and WHY the heck did Dumbldore trust him? Where are those other horcruxes? Which main character does the author kill off? Are Ron and Hermione FINALLY going to do a little "snogging'?!! And what about Harry and Ginny - that can't REALLY be over - can it? I loved the plot and the direction the author went with it. I'm glad she chose to end it the way she did. I was SO into this book - it's like I was under my own invisibility cloak watching everything happen - I'd yell out loud or gasp or burst into tears. I know Nathan thinks I'm a nut! Seriously - nothing is better than imagination! Anyway - Jenn thanks for the "magical" book recommendations on your site because I definitely do feel that "post potter depression" setting in! I'm so sad this series is over! GREAT BOOKS!

Nathan starts school again next week so I'll be getting back into the reading scene again! I have a super long list and need to figure out where to start!

1 comment:

{B}dreamy said...

I'll have to check out Jenn's list, after Eclipse. Have you gotten the feeling that I'm as obsessed as I am yet?! I said before that I stopped reading Harry Potter, but I'm forcing myself to start it up again... I just don't like being left out and frowned upon. HA! *B

PS- one of these days I will get on here and do a post about The Red Tent. I'm terrible! But, in my defense, I am just getting back into reading (beyond textbooks).