Sunday, August 12, 2007

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

When this book arrived, I had already started THREE other books but I couldn't wait! This is a really fun series! It's fun to read a new take on vampires AND who doesn't enjoy a good love story? There was quite the love triangle in this book. To be honest, I couldn't decide who I wanted Bella to choose! It's a tough choice! On one hand you have Edward and he is perfect (almost too perfect!) and beautiful and respectful but Jacob is so warm and fun and the relationship he and Bella have seems to be more natural and real. I wonder if there will be any big changes in the next book! I'm looking forward to reading it!

Here is the synopsis from Amazon:

Readers captivated by Twilight and New Moon will eagerly devour Eclipse, the much anticipated third book in Stephenie Meyer's riveting vampire love saga. As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob --- knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

There are some really good reviews on Amazon that go through the synopsis of the series and bring up some good topics. Check them out!

2 comments:

{B}dreamy said...

I had fun with this book too. Bella was really annoying to me though, although I'm not sure why (because she was just being extremely human). And I'd pick Edward (duh)! But there were things that happened that needed to happen, and I still love Jake. I'm reading it again, to digest everything (especially in regards to how I feel about Bella).

I don't think Stephenie is the best author ever, and I don't think these are necessarily the best books ever. However, Mrs. Meyer does have a serious knack for making her characters extremely life-like. You feel every emotion of every human, vampire and werewolf. And that, my friend, does take some talent and makes these books so enjoyable to read. That and the teen romance (and vampires)!!! Hahaha. *B

Josette said...

You're right! This is indeed a fun series to read although they aren't that perfect. I enjoyed reading Eclipse. It was a page-turner and so exciting. The feud between Edward and Jacob was fun to read. I liked reading their conversations and all.

Here's my review of it.