Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Dracula by Bram Stoker

This classic was fantastic! It wasn't overly scary - just the right amount of suspense. I'm not gonna lie though - there were a few nail biting parts! The writing was really different (but good) and I really enjoyed the storyline. I'd definitely recommend it. Be patient - it took me a few chapters before I was hooked. =) I read a few reviews that said the beginning and end were the best and that the middle dragged. I don't agree. I thought the beginning was a little slow and then it picked up. There were times when it felt a little wordy and overly dramatic but it was written in the late 1800's so that is to be expected (I think!). If you enjoy classics then don't miss out on this one!

CLICK HERE to visit Amazon and read some more reviews!

2 comments:

{B}dreamy said...

Woohoo! One of my favorites, and you finally got around to it! You know, I used to read this EVERY October... glad you liked it! *B

Liz said...

I like the October idea!