Monday, January 21, 2008

Mercy by Jodi Picoult

I had high hopes for this book. Jodi Picoult has been disappointing me lately so I hoped that this one would be better since it was one of her earlier novels. I was let down. I shut this book feeling annoyed more than anything. I did a research paper in my english class on euthanasia and it has always interested me. That is supposed to be what this book is about. A woman has terminal cancer. It has spread all over and is now in her brain behind her optic nerve. She is in severe pain and could die in a day or a month or could hold on for several months. Whatever the case, it won't be a fun existence. She asks her husband to kill her and he does. The book is about his trial. Another HUGE part of the book focuses on the marriage of the town sheriff and his wife and the affair he's having. So anyway, I would NOT recommend this book. Too much language and affair stuff. AND it was boring. I found myself skipping some of the wordy stuff. So enough said from me. If you would like more info on MERCY check out Amazon. Most of their reviews look like mine. Not a book worth reading.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I have never read any of her books but been fascinated by them. Which one do you suggest reading since this one wasn't?

Liz said...

thank you! i'll try it!