Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Red Tent by Anita Diamant

This is my first time posting on this delightful little nook! On a personal note, only in the past few months have I started reading "real" books again. For the past few years I've kept myself at bay reading not much more than my required textbooks. But a few months ago I regained my dangerous addiction to reading, starting with "The Red Tent", the assigned book for my local book club.

I have to admit, I really enjoyed this book. It was simultaneously well written and easy to read (my favorite). A few words of caution: there are a few sex scenes at the beginning of the book, and it is an adaptation the biblical story of Rachel and Leah and the house of Jacob. In regards to it being an adaptation, I just read it as a work of fiction and nothing more. Don't try to read it side by side with the Bible because you will just be frustrated. But overall, and once again, I enjoyed it.

For more detailed reviews, go here. *B

No comments: